FingerSCAN DecedentID is a cross-platform mobile app that runs on Android, iOS and Windows devices. This app is used to create decedent fingerprint records for identification and case reporting purposes. FingerSCAN DecedentID can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
A compatible fingerprint scanner with agency enrollment into our cross-platform transaction server is required in order to unlock the fingerprint capture functionality for full use of the app. Compatible fingerprint scanners include the Watson Mini fingerprint scanner (Windows and Android) and the IdentiFi-45 WiFi fingerprint scanner (iOS).
DetailsFingerSCAN ePrintsID is a biometric-enabled Android application that works with the Integrated Biometrics Watson Mini fingerprint scanner. The application currently runs on Android smartphones and tablets and enables crime scene investigators to capture digital elimination fingerprints from individuals that have an affiliation with the crime scene. The fingerprint records that are created can be shared with others involved in identification of unknown fingerprints that are retrieved from a crime scene to help solve crimes more expeditiously.
FingerSCAN ePrintsID exhibits the following features:
• Runs on most Android devices that users may already own.
• Captures demographic details and signatures.
• Captures both flat and rolled fingerprint images.
• Automatically creates an Elimination Fingerprint record that can be printed out onto cardstock or plain paper.
• Easily save, edit, share and delete digital fingerprint records.
• AES encryption technology protects PII (next version release).
Users of FingerSCAN ePrintsID can expect the following benefits:
• Ability to fingerprint individuals at the crime scene and instantly share the records with a remote identification unit for faster processing time.
• Ability to fingerprint traumatized individuals without actually touching the person being fingerprinted.
• Better quality fingerprint images with no messy ink improves the fingerprint identification process.