FingerSCAN DecedentID is a cross-platform mobile app that runs on Android, iOS and Windows devices. This app is used to create decedent fingerprint records for identification and case reporting purposes. FingerSCAN DecedentID can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
A compatible fingerprint scanner with agency enrollment into our cross-platform transaction server is required in order to unlock the fingerprint capture functionality for full use of the app. Compatible fingerprint scanners include the Watson Mini fingerprint scanner (Windows and Android) and the IdentiFi-45 WiFi fingerprint scanner (iOS).
DetailsFingerSCAN DecedentID is a biometric-enabled Android application that works with the Integrated Biometrics Watson Mini fingerprint scanner. The application currently runs on Android smartphones and tablets and enables death investigators to capture digital elimination fingerprints from decedents for identification and case reporting purposes.
FingerSCAN DecedentID exhibits the following features:
• Runs on most Android devices that users may already own.
• Captures demographic details and signatures.
• Captures both flat and rolled fingerprint images.
• Automatically creates a DecedentID Fingerprint record that can be printed out onto cardstock or plain paper.
• Easily save, edit, share and delete digital fingerprint records.
• AES encryption technology protects PII (next version release).
Users of FingerSCAN DecedentID can expect the following benefits:
• Ability to fingerprint decedent and instantly share the records with a remote identification unit for faster processing time.
• Better quality fingerprint images with no messy ink improves the fingerprint identification process.